Swift

BE KIND

Written by: Dianne Alliah R. Galang

ABM-1F



Image result for helping




I am wandering the streets alone 
Despairing in dark thoughts 
No one cares 
That I am in a bad frame of mind 
Cold and hungry 
And desperate for a home.
No where to lay my weary head 
My feet are sore 

Still no one cared 
People passed by 
But either looked the other way.
Some threw me a pittance in a few coppers 

I waited all day 
And night 
But still nobody
Came to rescue me from my plight. 
I grew tired 

Suddenly, an old man came 
Placed a bag beside me
Full of foods and clothes
I run after him saying,
“What’s your name Mister?”
No response.

Sometimes, we close our eyes,
Pretending to be a normal bystander.
But someday, and somewhere,
Let us reach our hands out to others.
No matter what comes along.

Be kind, 
Even when you are not supposed to,
It's a bravery shown and 
is what most don't hold with in. 

Be kind, 
For the world who just wanna start another war and slaughter every last piece of kindness 
you hold within. 












You Might Also Like

0 comments