Swift

Man, Where Are You?

                                                    Photo Source: Rated Ahrt (Facebook)
                                                               Artist: Daehyun Kim



Just like in any other cliché love story you would encounter, there's this girl that everybody wants and no one can't seem to get her, except this certain guy who arrives out of nowhere. You would think that they’ll end up together in the end. But, this isn’t another cliché love story. This is a twisted love story essay version that will make you cuss and realize some things. I do realize that it sounds so wrong, but I don't really care right now since writing this feels so right. 
So there's this girl that I know and everybody likes her. Let's call her the dream girl. Everybody likes her, everybody wants to get in touch with her, and everybody wants to experience her. Now, stop your dirty thoughts right there. The thing is, this girl is everywhere, one day she's around and one day she's gone. She's present at the most unexpected moment which scares the boys sometimes. So whenever she's around, expect the thrill. The boys can be seen everywhere just because of her. As much as she wants to reach out, she just can't. She's actually waiting for a man, not a boy. A man that will be brave enough to get her. Someone who is willing to take the risks.
I noticed that all the boys are pretty similar with each other. The boys want her but they always runaway. At first, they seem so confident and passionate about her. But some of them while on the run is slowly losing in the track. Sometimes, the boys unite for the sake of this girl, but it's always too late. They're really good at giving flowery words too, which is scary because "puro kayo salita, kulang kayo sa gawa". Out of desperation, they can't avoid hurting one another, mostly through verbal act. And in this war of love, of course, no one wants to lose, so if there is someone who's taking the lead, they make sure to drag him down. Everybody wants to be on top, nobody wants to stay at the bottom because when you're at the bottom, "talo ka" as they say. They're forgetting the fact that you can't reach the top if you never experience, learn, and accept things from the bottom. 
It's very sad and disappointing to see them doing those things. Despite these negative things that I've noticed, I can still see the hope in each one of them. Hope that one day, they'll be able to reach their dream girl. The thing here is that they never learn their lessons, and they see each other as an enemy. It's very obvious that they came from one creator, one nation, and that makes them brothers. May their brotherhood arise one day, and I do hope that it's not too late when that day comes. Dream girl is coming, boys what will you do now? When will you have the guts to finally man the fuck up 
As you reach this point, you probably think how shallow and boring this one is. It's full of immaturity and jealousy. So, before you finish reading this, I’m going to ask you a favor. I want you to start at the very first paragraph all over again and change the characters that I used. Dream girl is the change that each one of us wants. And the boys, well it's none other than me, you, my fellow Filipino. I want to say that I'm honestly tired of our attitudes given above. It's pure bullshit and mess. I don't know if I should get mad or just pity our country and us, Filipinos. I hope we can work things out. This is not your another cliché love story. This is our twisted reality my fellow countrymen. I did hit a spot, didn't I? And it finally makes sense now. I’m done.

                                                                        by: Alexandra Danielle H. Luis 
+ I did not create this essay to offend or attack boys. I don't have that kind of intention at all. So, if any one of you guys would think that I'm stereotyping here, I apologize. + 

You Might Also Like

0 comments