Swift








Martial Law , Magellan's Cross , Jeepneys and Chocolate Hills. As you may have known already, these are some of the trademarks that we Filipinos are known about. When you ask a foreigner what food he liked while staying here in our country , you'll often hear "Adobo" or "Sinigang". And as to what impression did we left to them you'll hear the word "hospitable". Putting all these aside and getting straight to the point, just like me have you ever wonder what being a Filipino truly means to you?


Nationality - the status of belonging to a nation by birth or naturalization. If you think about it the term "belong" is the one that rings a bell. This is why I think that being a Filipino is not just a way of defining us based on our race but a character which plays an important role in a show that defines our life. The reason to this is because what our ancestors done in the past and what we're still doing up to now will add up to the impression that we'll be having when others look at us. Just like for example , Dr. Jose P. Rizal is known as a hero that saved us all from being captived in the past with only a pen on his hand. Because of this many people would think that we must really be brave and wise people. Same goes to the Banawe Rice Terraces which we all know is crafted or handmade by Ifugao people. This indicates that we're tactful and hardworking.


Therefore I'll ask myself again "What is Filipino for you?". For me it's a label of my identity. My well being. It has always been and will always be a classification of where I belong and a piece of information about myself that I'll carry up to the day that I make my own legacy.


Chat Conversation End







                                                                                                             Johaina Cabugatan
                                                                                ABM 1F 

You Might Also Like

0 comments