Swift

Contagious gratitude




There am I, standing at edge of the street,
looking around in every corner of the aisle.
Observing every creature that passes by.
All of them, are all the same.

Then, there comes the pouring rain.
I'm all alone and no where to go.
Trembling and freezing like there is no tomorrow.
But all those creatures just stares at me, and walk away.

Suddenly, I saw a light, it gives me hope.
I followed the light and trace its shimmering glow,
every road leads back to the place I know.
Something familiar, something that I will go.

A silhouette formed within the light.
A figure of a creature, a figure of a man.
Slowly walking towards my direction.
It gives me chills, it gives me life.

The man lend his hand, offering some food, clothes and shelter.
I hesitated, but he insist, he insist to help.
The man becomes the light that leads me back to hope.
Hope that have never been seen a long ago, hope in humanity.







You Might Also Like

0 comments